8 Replies Latest reply on Jan 5, 2010 2:48 PM by Kyle Strong

timer for alert again

Jaray Mekkaew
      dear,all
      any recommend for this function. this attach file is sample workflow, how the system alarm to my management level for approve project if it's still at pending approval status for along time (such as alert again after 2 day pass)
        • timer for alert again
          Jeff Sweeney
          I've never found a native way to do it so I wrote a report that the manager runs every Monday morning. [Reminded by an Outlook reoccurring task.] I assume he then emails the report results to the offending parties.
          • timer for alert again
            Gene Mercer
            I'm looking for the same basic function. If 'X' has been in state 'Y' for # of hours, then email a coworker to do it.. (or boss, etc)
            My VAR is thinking an add-in will be required. I'm going to see if I can either do it with dispatch or some other alternate thinking. (For example: send a notification to both people at the start, but back date one 48 hrs.. then if the state gets complete, recall the second email) I'm not sure of anything at this point... just fishing for answers same as you? If I come across anything I'll be sure and post my results, even if a failure.
            Unfortunately we have Notes or else I could probably do half my workflow using routed emails via Outlook, but then again we don't get bugs like we use to at my last job either.

Gene
            • timer for alert again
              Gene Mercer
              An update.. I'm still tackling this project with my VAR with nothing in hand yet. However, there may be help for some of you. Devon Sowell has posted something kind of close to my needs on his blog. http://pdmsolutions.blogspot.com/ It doesn't exactly do what I'd like nor did my VAR's first attempt at coding me something. Devon's solution makes use of the 'Deadline' setting on a folder's properties. I've googled around and still haven't seen this property mentioned, but I also don't have my PDM admin docs handy either right now so I don't know if it's a PDM or Windows thing. Either way maybe Devon's tip will help some of you?

Best of luck,
              Gene
              • timer for alert again
                Mike Adam
                I think that there is no way to do it from the PDM administration tools, maybe by making a special API add-in
                In this case we need an support from "Christina Seay" I think she is pretty good at these matters
                if you have any solution please let us know because its really important feature and its supposed to be in the PDMWE Default features.

Regards
                Mike
                  • timer for alert again
                    Gene Mercer
                    Glad to hear you say that Mike! The part about the reminder is 'supposed' to be in the default feature set. With you listed as a Certified PDMWE Support tech, I was wondering if you guys were getting it from the top down... (for me, you just confirmed is has... from somewhere)

I called my VAR and he said the same thing (I mainly deal with one support person), then I talked to the sales guy, "I thought it did that, I'm sure some of our other customers are doing reminders or something similar", blah blah blah.. then I turned to this forum..

Well my initial request for help has turned in to a 4 month, 2 RFQ process with me dropping features and learning a LOT about PDMWE and it's date and time functions (which are basically nil unless you use both the API and hit the DB together). We're on track to a different solution currently (not a reminder, but close), and I've heard of other VARs working on this same function. Maybe it'll come later.. if it does we'll use it. Till then, develop around it..
                  • timer for alert again
                    Christina Seay
                    LOL... thanks mike for the compliment. I haven't look into to it much honestly, it would be very handy to have it set up that way though. Have you looked at the link that Gene posted: http://pdmsolutions.blogspot.com/