This content has been marked as final. Show 4 replies
There is an add-in called FeatureWorks. If it is included with your license, then you at least have a shot at converting the file. FeatureWorks takes some practice to get it to produce anything useful.
If the part is complex and you absolutely must convert it, then consider using a cad file conversion service - there are several that can be found with google.
If you post the file, perhaps we can give you more specific advice.
To attach the model on this forum it is a 5 step process
1) zip the file using Windows Explorer (send to compressed file)
2) start a message or reply and click on Attach File(s)
3) Use the Browse... button to select the zip file (at the top of the Attach Files dialog)
4) click on the Upload File button
5) select the file that you just uploaded and click on the Attach File icon (bottom of the Attach Files dialog)
i tried to attach it lets see if it worked, Thanks for the tips.
it did not attach, hhmmmm i did the steps exactly.
lets see i will try again
ok there it is
i want to be able to see and use the sketch for all of the features. do i need to make a sketch off of the planes that are there and sort of do it in reverse?