3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 14, 2007 7:40 PM by 1-70W0UV

2008 SolidWorks Search question

I skipped SW2007 so SolidWorks Search is new to me.

Can SW2008 SP1.0 search Custom Properties? It looks like it should but when I try to search CP I just get "No results found". I have Windows Indexing installed and setup. Searching for file names works correctly.
        • 2008 SolidWorks Search question
          Charles Culp
          Yes, my custom properties are indexed with Windows Desktop Search. As for troubleshooting why yours don't work, I don't know.
            John Burrill
            Daniel,
            Check your indexing options and verify that Solidworks file types are using the Solidworks iFilter. You do this by right-clicking the magnifying glass in the tray and selecting 'Windows desktop search options...', going into 'Advanced', activating the 'File Types' tab and scrolling through that big-ole list.
            In order for the changes to take effect, you'll have to rebuild your index.
            However, before you do this, check to see how many items you have indexed.
            John
                John, thanks for pointing me to the indexing options. I don't see an SolidWorks iFilter option there but I checked the Index Properties and File Contents option and later when I tried SolidWorks Explorer search it worked, I'm still expermenting to see if that was the issue or if it was something else.