7 Replies Latest reply on Jul 29, 2008 7:56 PM by Kris Jankiewicz

m2m

Brian Balm
      Does PDM Enterprise work with M2M (Made 2 Mange) MRP system?
        • m2m
          William Peacock
          I was talking to my VAR the other day about this. It depends on what version of M2M you have & what you want to do. Your VAR should be able to write some code to get them talking.
            • m2m
              Brian Balm
              We have version 5.52 of M2M, what i am looking to do is see if it would be worth getting PDMW Enterprise to be able to share info between the two systems verses having to put information in twice, or if we got PDMWE would this be worth having since we have M2M. Does anyone have PDMWE and a system like M2M, and if they do is PDMWE worth having?
                • m2m
                  Kris Jankiewicz
                  Hi Brian,

We also use M2M (v5.02) and just got SolidWorks/PDMWorks Enterprise. I'm also interested in integrating M2M with PDMWorks. Maybe we can exchange information as we get it.

We are currently in the final stages of setting up our Vault. We should be done by end of this month (DEC).

Kris
                    • m2m
                      Brian Balm
                      Hi Kris,

That sound great, i am really interested in what you learn.

Thanks,
                      Brian.
                        • m2m
                          Joy Garon
                          Hi Folks,

You may be aware that in 2008 you can export the BOM as an XML file via a transition action in the workflow. Essentialy you define an export rule (an alais set may be used) and then use the rule in the workflow.

So, some of the questions I have are: does M2M have an open API and can it work with XML data?
                          When you talk about integration with M2M, can you be specific about what that means?

I'm interested in learning more about your needs.

Thanks,
                          Joy
                          • m2m
                            Kris Jankiewicz
                            Hey Brian,

Have you guys made any progress integrating M2M with PDMWorks? Let me know.

Also, if you could, shoot over your contact info so maybe I could give you a call and we could discuss this subject a little more. Email me at: kris.jankiewicz@mit-world.com

Cheers,

Kris
                    • m2m
                      Kris Jankiewicz
                      Hi Joy,

Made2Manage, as far as I know, doesn't handle XML files. In fact, I think the software is a huge POS. It's based on FoxPro and uses a MS SQL Server just to store data (but not all). M2M talked about moving to the .NET framework about 3 years ago, but since then they've only released up to version 5.5x. We've stop paying for support and maintenance because nothing new has been released from them and they provide ****** support. We are planning on changing to another ERP package for for now we are stuck with it.

In regards to BOMs, it's all in the SQL Server. We want to push/pull data directly to/from the M2M Database. I believe the integration will have to be done through a PDMWorks add-in. I've started writing an add-in to move file around inside the vault during a workflow transition. In the next couple weeks, I'm going to write some functions to pull data from the M2M Item Master and populate our datacard just by pushing a button. We'd like to setup something similar for BOMs. We want to push a button and have the BOM pushed/pulled from the database. This will require more coding and a few well written stored procedures.

I'll let you know when I have some results.

Kris