When creating a sketch for a new part, I often need to dimension the sketch to define the size of the geometry.
In prior versions of solidworks, the workflow for adding these sketh dimensions was:
- Click on the Smart Dimension button
- Select item 1 as a dimension endpoint
- Select item 2 as an endpoint
- Click the location where the dimension should reside
- Enter the value of the dimension
- Click the green check to confirm
After I installed 2015 Solidworks SP 5.0, when I complete step 4 above, the following dialog appears:
The dimension ID is always the default box that is highlighted and I have to hit the TAB key to get to the box for entering the actual dimension value.
This is a massive time sink. Mostly because this is the only installation of SolidWorks I use that has this glitch and I often forget that I need to do this stupid workaround.
Where/how do I tell SolidWorks that the default highlighted entry box should be the dimension itself and not the dimension ID?