6 Replies Latest reply on May 20, 2016 10:25 AM by Dan Bertschi

ePDM Variables, MUST be on Data Card?

Dan Bertschi

So, I'm testing my vault, and I have a variable 'CleanUp' that was on my data card, mainly so I could check its status during workflow/dispatch development. I have my workflow working, but I don't want the 'CleanUp' variable value (auto set to yes/no) visible.  It's only there to drive an automatic transition.

If I remove the Variable box from the Data Card, then it doesn't set the variable value in the transition.  My testing is telling me that a Variable MUST be on a data card to be added to the file as a Custom Property.  Is this correct?  If so, I've missed this requirement in the Help documents.

Is there a solution to hide the Variable?  I'm looking at placing it on the Data Card, then resizing the card to hide it.

How do you do it?

• Re: ePDM Variables, MUST be on Data Card?
          Craig Schultz

On my cards I have a tab control with 2 tabs.  Main....Hidden.  Then I control the visibility with a variable called CAD_MainTabs, that variable is always set to "Main" as the default text value and default overwrites checked.  That's where all of the variables that need input reside.

This way I can hide all kinds of variables and voodoo magic on the "Hidden" tab which no one can see.  Mainly variables that control workflow directions and other things no one needs to be concerned with.