2 Replies Latest reply on May 20, 2016 5:59 AM by M. 12

how to give correct dimension in sheet metal drawing?

M. 12

I m having problem in certain sheet metal part, I have attached it.

The problem is the middle bend (the one with 145 degree). I tried almost all methods there are like changing dimension style, Changing k factor or bend radius .

the total length after bending is always different (ether plus or minus). So please anyone can tell me what i m doing wrong, and steer in right direction.

sorry for my bad English

• Re: how to give correct dimension in sheet metal drawing?
          Keith Frankie

Try posting the original SLDPRT file.

I assume you mean the length of the flat pattern is changing (the 522.97 dimension on your drawing).  When is it changing on you - when you hit 'rebuild'?

Some of the input numbers look strange, like 90.09° instead of 90°.  Could these be cleaned up and rounded to a nice even number?

• Re: how to give correct dimension in sheet metal drawing?
              M. 12

I have attached sldprt just suppress the unfold and see that is my final part, we make that curve in our factory while the rest on bending in done outside factory ,so i cannot change that 145.87 dimension.

Its not about flat pattern as about final bend part. See the distance 117.01 is changes every time therefore distance between the center of curve and 150mm perpendicular part is also changes which further affects my m/c assy.

I tried to get 90 but the close i get 90.09 without changing my other dimension see the dimensions 150 and 145.87 are constant i cannot change that . What i need is the basin between my round part and 150 mm bend.

consider that part is correct at least tell me How should i give dimensions in correct way which can be understand by my vendor?

Thanks for the response.