5 Replies Latest reply on May 20, 2016 2:49 AM by Peter De Vlieger

Pipe routing

Raymond Van Der Westhuizen

I have a problem with pipe routing automatically adding lids to an assembly. The biggest problem is, these lids are created at a certain offset distance from the end of the pipes. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

• Re: Pipe routing
          Peter De Vlieger

Raymond,

It would help if you could at least give us a screenshot or so from the feature mananger and the model so as to make it clear what exactly is happening because at the moment I can't phantom what the situation is or how you got there.

Look at for instance : Greenshot - a free and open source screenshot tool for productivity  if you need something to make decent screenshots.

Peter

Hi Peter,

Apologies, I thought it would be a common mistake.

Screenshot:

https://i.imgur.com/SwdSnOb.png

Thank you.

Peter De Vlieger

Raymond,

I take it that your issues is with the items as shown below

hmm.....

Any chance that you can show me the featuremanager

e.g. :

That way we can see what kind of components are there.

That SW isn't showing something that you added, that can happen and have several causes.

But that SW adds something of it's own, especially in routing, is unheard of by me and I've been using it now for 7 years.

Go to the lowest level of ASM and then in the featuremanager click one after the other, seeing what lights up of the model.

When you have the unwanted selected then "open part' and see if the part itself looks like expected or not.

Without more information that's the best I can do.

Good luck,

Peter

PS: how much experience do you have with piping in general, as in did you have any prior experience, and SW routing in particular ?

I hope this helps: https://i.imgur.com/KT2hTTE.png

Unfortunately, I have very little experience with routing.

Is it possible that the problem relates to flow simulation that adds lids automatically? which I have switched off as well.

Peter De Vlieger

Raymond,

1/

Seeing as that you're rather new to it all you might want to read the following to help you in general with the forum

Frequently Asked Forum Questions

2/

There really is no need to using imgur.com to show screenshots. You can either just to CTRL+C / CTRL+V to add them to your message or use the advanced editor in this forum:

3/

For future reference for Routing there's a separate location available just for that.

4/

Unlike lots of the basic functionality of Solidworks Routing isn't something that you can pick up by just using it. If taking a course at your VAR is not an option then you'll do yourself a big favour by looking at tutorials from SW itself as well as what you can find on Youtube.

For that matter, The SolidWorks Routing Manual is something I would recommend to anyone, starting or experienced.

5/

To me it looks like that there are lids included in your "PIPE" part.

So  I repeat : " Go to the lowest level of ASM and then in the featuremanager click one after the other, seeing what lights up of the model. When you have the unwanted selected then "open part' and see if the part itself looks like expected or not."

The only features that a pipe part needs you can see below

All the rest shouldn't be there.

6/

"Is it possible that the problem relates to flow simulation that adds lids automatically? which I have switched off as well."

I've no use for the flow simulation and have never used it. So I can't answer that for sure but 'clean up' your pipe, as in removing all that is unneeded and chances are it will go a long way to rectify your issues.

Have a nice one

Peter