2 Replies Latest reply on May 18, 2016 12:50 AM by Peter Thannhauser

properties.txt file

Peter Thannhauser

Recently updated to SW-2016, but I think I've seen this popup before in v2015. It may have been preceded by applying hole wizard with threaded hole... but I'm not  100% on that. Any insight & remedy?

5-17-2016 0000.jpg

• Re: properties.txt file
          Deepak Gupta

When upgrading to higher version, sometime the file location doesn't map properly (like older location removed). So as an advice, try to use different path rather than using default for your customized templates, weldment profiles, table templates, etc.

For this error, the path for Properties.text file is mapped to a location which doesn't have it or folder doesn't exist. Search for Properties.text file and map the path correctly under Tools > Options > File Locations > Custom Property Files

• Re: properties.txt file
              Peter Thannhauser

Followed your advice and indeed showed it was pointing to an old 2014 file path. I deleted that & that seems to have resolved. Just a correction on my part for completeness, what triggered the popup was right clicking a feature in the tree in order to define configurations.Thanks for the fast reply Deepak.