AnsweredAssumed Answered

Flex - wrap problem

Question asked by Michael Bruning on May 12, 2016
Latest reply on May 13, 2016 by Paul Salvador

I have a model that I want to have a (3) equi-distant bayonet slots on the outside surface of a circular connector.  I started with a flat model and tried using the flex command to make a circular part showing the slots on the outside surface.  The slots are patterned on the flat piece prior to flexing.  The flexed model does not come out right.  It does several things incorrectly:  1.  It actually seems to move the surfaces that should meet together to make a round part offset by a couple thousandth.  2.  The model only shows portions of the solid with grayed out lines and a solid surface where the two ends meet (which are offset).   When put into a drawing the top view is not shown and a section view shows a section and an additional light brown slots beneath the section.  Really strange.  I have attached the model for viewing.  Obviously there is a better way to do this.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

PS.  The model is in SolidWorks version 2014, I will eventually be going to S/W 2016 but not for a little while.

Attachments

Outcomes