AnsweredAssumed Answered

SolidWorks 2015 Crashing on Startup

Question asked by Kenneth Adcox on May 11, 2016
Latest reply on May 11, 2016 by Deepak Gupta

I'm currently running SolidWorks 2015 x64 on Windows 10 with an Educational license at my school.  I'm having issues on startup, and while running the HSM Express plugin.

If I open the program alone, there are no issues.  I can use it normally.  However, if I open the program by double-clicking on a .SLDPRT file, SolidWorks crashes with a 'SolidWorks 2015 has encountered a problem and needs to close' message.  I have been unable to find someone encountering a similar problem by scouring the internet, so here I am.

Additionally, I had been using HSM Express to generate G-Code before upgrading to Windows 10.  Since the upgrade to Windows 10, if I have HSM Express installed, SolidWorks crashes.

EDIT: Or rather, SolidWorks freezes in its loading screen, when attempting to load plugin HSMExpress.

I believe that the two problems I'm having are related, as they both occurred after upgrading to Windows 10 and SolidWorks 2015.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled both Solidworks 2015 and HSM Express multiple times, and tried launching Solidworks without HSM Express installed, always with the same result.  Has anyone encountered a similar problem before?

Outcomes