1 Reply Latest reply on May 11, 2016 5:13 AM by Simon Fritz

move component in assembly (robotic)

Simon Fritz

Hi,

ia have problems by using this code (2015 SOLIDWORKS API Help - Rotate Assembly Component on Axis Using IDragOperator::Drag Example (C#) ) for moving components in an assembly.

The component moves, but it jumps directly back to the initial position after moving. Its an 6 axis Robot and id like to move the tool center point by using translations and rotations.

Does any one knows what the problem could be?

Thx

• Re: move component in assembly (robotic)
          Simon Fritz

Ok i found a solution here (Have difficulty understanding math transform. ),

the problem was that the i use "min-max-mates" for each joint of the robot. So when i supress the mates i can modify the transforms. After unsupressing the mates the assembly jumps back to initial position.

to solve that problem i just "fix" the ToolCenterPoint of the Robot first, unsupress, and then delete the "fixture" so the mates change there values while unsupressing. Thats how it works =)

Hope ill find the "fixture" attribute for the api... just tried it manually in Solidworks. Ill post the code when it works