1 Reply Latest reply on May 9, 2017 9:14 PM by F. Leatin

SW 2015-2016 Student Edition tooltips on Windows 10 with no KB3072630 update

Natalia Gruszka

I recently installed SolidWorks 2015-2016 Student Edition on my Lenovo Yoga 14 with Windows 10. I purchased this laptop in Septermber and it doesn't have the KB307... update yet I do not have the tooltips showing. Any help?

Update: My SolidWorks is SP02.1 and now I have these four updates for Windows that won't start:

Security Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package (KB2538242)

Office 2003 Web Components Service Pack 1 for the 2007 Microsoft Office System

Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB967642)

Security Update for the 2007 Microsoft Office System (KB954326)

I researched the third one and I am seeing that it is a very bad update. So what I am going to do is uninstall SW and maybe see if the updates will go through or not. I've had this issue before but with different updates when I had Kaspersky and it interfered with Windows Defender.

Again if anyone can help me, please I ask for your advice.

Thank you

• Re: SW 2015-2016 Student Edition tooltips on Windows 10 with no KB3072630 update
          F. Leatin

SW Student Ed 2015 user here.

There is a lot of my software that does not work. On the right side of the screen, the "Resources" mostly none of it works.

Also when I hover my cursor over an tool icon, the balloon that is to open and give an explanation of what it does, does not work.

Email request for tech support takes 5 days to respond then they only allowed me two days to responsd back or canceled my request.

I also looked for the update    KB3072630. I don't have it. And I can't figure out how to get it if I do need it.

Any thing you find out that's helpful please get back to me.

I'd appreciate it.

Frank