5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 11, 2007 1:01 AM by Michael Cole

modify dimension boxes

Mark Kaiser
      I am getting two different boxes when I double click on dimensions in 08, see attached jpegs. jpeg 12-the box I'm used to seeing. jpeg 21-something new and different. Can someone tell me why I'm getting this new different box?
        • modify dimension boxes
          Mark Kaiser
          I think I found it. Single click-new box, fast enough double click-old box I'm used to.
            • modify dimension boxes
              Mark Kaiser
              Instant 3D has to be turned on for the single click box also.
              • modify dimension boxes
                Gerald Davis
                I thought this was a bug until I was told that it is improved functionality.

The little slow white click box saves you the trouble of having to rebuild after edting the feature. It also saves on pixel energy so you may be eligible for carbon credits to save the world from global swarming.

The old (useful) dimension edit requires that pesky click to rebuild after editing the dimension.

If there is an option that allows me to select the type of edit desired so I don't have to concentrate on the speed of my mouse clicking, I'd like to know about it! Perhaps that is a topic for an enchantment request. Something like a check box option to "Force rebuild after dimension edit" would eliminate the need for "slow white" all together.

Silly me. I thought "reducing CAD overhead" meant allowing one to concentrate on the design instead of the freaking mouseclickspeed.
              • modify dimension boxes
                John Lhuillier
                It's a new feature in 2008. You need to have the Instant3d toggled on to get the single pick box. I didn't like having all the feature dimensions showing up when single picking on a face and turned it off at first but after trying it again, it does have it's advantages but some disadvantages as well. If the dimension you pick is a driven dimension, it pops up a dialog that the dimension can't be changed so you then have to dismiss this dialog box before moving on. The one thing that you can do is also "grab" one of the node points that get turned on and then drag the feature to change the size.
                • modify dimension boxes
                  Michael Cole
                  Thank you - the instant 3D has been bugging me as it seems to make selecting edges harder sometimes.