I want to save MS Office files in the Vault using a serialized file name.
Imagine working on a project. All the parts, assemblies and drawings are in a project folder in the Vault. A supplier sends you a spreadsheet MOTOR.XLSX containing motor data and you want to put it in your project folder and have a workflow notify your engineers that the motor data supporting their models is now in the project area. Then a second supplier sends you their bid on the motors...
- Incoming has your Excel file MOTORS .XLSX
- Drag and drop MOTORS.XLSX into the Vault\Projects\P12345\Documents folder (say)
- The file is saved using a serial number 452176.XLSX (say)
- The old file name is captured in a variable on the data card and the user can enter some supplier data
- The second spreadsheet, from the other supplier, comes in, dragged and dropped to become 452177.XLSX (serial increment from last file) etc etc
I can't find any information suggesting whether this is possible or impossible. Thoughts on this process would be most welcome.