AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to Prepare for a Subscription Lapse?

Question asked by John Willett on May 1, 2016
Latest reply on May 4, 2016 by Peter De Vlieger

I have DVDs for SW Premium 2014, 2015, and 2016.  They are all currently installed and licensed on my computer and updated to their latest SPs.  I cannot afford, however, to continue pouring $2000/yr down the Dassault drain indefinitely to maintain my subscription.  Once it lapses, I believe I can continue to run the updated versions that I have but cannot download any updates (even ones that I am already using).  On the other hand I believe I can still download the updates for the versions I have before the subscription lapses and store them for future emergencies.  (I saw something about this on this forum but wasn't really paying attention and cannot locate it now.)

So my central question is, what if I upgrade my computer and/or operating system after my subscription lapses?  I would then have to re-install one or more SW versions on the new machine and update them to the (present) latest SP.

1) Exactly what must I download now to enable this?  Just the final SP of each version, or all of the intermediate updates along the way?

2) When I need to re-install, what problems will I encounter to get the version(s) running and updated, and how can I solve them?

Thanks in advance for any advice or references! -- John Willett

Outcomes