13 Replies Latest reply on May 4, 2016 5:24 PM by Elisabeth Daley

How do I open an assembly using a list of particular revisions?

Elisabeth Daley

Can anybody think of a way to load an assembly with a particular list of Revisions, not necessarily the same ones on either the latest or as-built BOMs?

We fabricate a lot of prototypes, and development/design typically continues while the first parts are being made.  This means there are a lot of on-the-fly changes, and we don't have a great way of recording both what our 'best/latest' design is AND what we actually ended up fabricating.  What I'd like is a way to keep track of a BOM that records the revisions of parts that were ordered, and the ability to load the assembly using that BOM with all the specific revisions.  That way we could continue to revise our model, and work with the Latest versions most of the time, but have the ability to pull up what we actually ordered, along with fabrication notes those particular versions.

I'm open to a bit of customization or doing some work with the API, although of course it would be better if there were a way to accomplish it with out of the box epdm features or a 3rd party app/macro.

Note that this isn't actually the 'As-Built' version of the assembly, since we don't order the whole assembly at once, but more in a bottom-up approach.  So some parts will continue to be edited, and the assembly saved with those changes, after the first parts are ordered (and possibly subsequently revised).