3 Replies Latest reply on May 2, 2016 10:54 AM by James Riddell

Steel stairs stress analysis

Grzegorz Janisz

Hi Everyone,

I'm new on this forum but I wanted to introduce myself a little bit. Mainly I work with steel stairs, makeing drawings, 3d models and sometimes stress calculation. I work with SW 2016 and I have add in that contain static simulation module.

My question is:

What is the best way to simulate staircase like in the picture below ? Should it be beam construction, schould I change it to Surfaces or any other ideas ? What will give me the most accuracy results?

How to replace steps and upper and lorew platforms ?

As external loads I put:

1500N each step and 7000N lower platform and 10000 upper platform + gravity.

What I did is: I generated profiles as beams but then I changed the to Surfaces. This staircase is bolted to the wall on both ends so as boundary condition I fixed it on both ends and also in 8 holes in the lower platform and 4 holes in the upper platform.

I tried few ways to solve it but finnaly I replaced steps with romete load rigid connectied to holes. However I know that those steps are not rigid, they deform under load. Schould I for example replace them with beams that have similar deformation?

Platforms (grating) I relpaced with remote load but direct connection. It's not showed in model, but in real Life they're botled to those profiles that they're laying on.

I'm pretty beginner in simulation so I ask you about help how to solve it.

Have a nice day!

Grzegorz