4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 5, 2016 8:48 AM by Danny Bradford

ePDM web search results column control?

Danny Bradford

Greetings,

ePDM search results are not coming back with the column setup when running the search via the web interface. How do we control the columns within ePDM web?

Thanks,

Danny Bradford

• Re: ePDM web search results column control?
          Stephen Fick

Hi Danny

If you're utilizing web2, there's a value inside the Application Settings (in IIS) that needs to match the name of the column set you've defined inside of the PDM Admin tool.  For example, in the image below, I have "Explorer" entered as it's the name of the column set I have defined in the PDM Admin tool.   In my testing, it appears that the column set that is defined in Application Settings will be utilized for all users who log into web2

ColumnSet.PNG

Danny Bradford

Thanks for the feedback. We are not currently using Web2 but I have reached out to my VAR for installation download and instructions.

Dee Stover

This is what I needed to make this a bit friendlier to use. Is there a way to arrange the order of the default columns. The customized columns only add to the default  - order is: name, checked out, size, state, days in state, modified, version, [custom starts here] Dwg title, revision

I want name, dwg title, revision, state, checked out, modified, size

I don't see a way to do that in the web.config file.

Dee Stover dstover@noao.edu

CAD Design Lead

Danny Bradford

Just to put a bow on this one, we have installed Web2 but unfortunately it does not quite scratch the itch. Yes you may define the custom columns as described by Stephen Flick, however it was deemed critical that the first columns are required and cannot be removed.

I thought I would be cute and set the required defaults to width of zero which worked for a while, but something reset them so no dice for the longterm.

There are about 3 problems, this one included, that make the Web2 interface come up short for production for me. We are building a custom interface to cover this need unfortunately.