3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 20, 2016 7:13 AM by Deepak Gupta

Origin Problem - Imported part

Harry White

Hi everyone,

I am currently an intern at a company but there is no one else here who has any knowledge of solidworks so I hope you don,t mind if I ask any stupid questions...

I recently edited an imported part which was off its origin. however my boss can not rotate it on his 3DPDF as the origin is far away from the part. Is there a way I can move this part closer to the origin or the origin closer to the part. Initially I was going to try and do this using a couple of mirrors to get it back to the origin part of each plane but it wouldn't seem to let me do a mirror this far.

Here is an annotated picture of the problem I am having.

planes origin problem.png

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Harry.

• Re: Origin Problem - Imported part
          Deepak Gupta

Use Move/Copy body option and then you can move the body in the part to origin. Once you're satisfied with the position, you can leave as it is OR save file as different format like parasolid, step or iges and then import back into SW. This would keep the part in new position (in case you want to not show the move feature). Please note that this would take away any new features you've might have added, so be careful in exporting and importing the file.