1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 13, 2016 9:20 PM by Sworks User

Link part drawing number to BOM

Carlos Marquez

Can anyone help me to figure out how to link parts in an assembly to their respective drawing numbers in a drawing packet?

for example, if i have an assembly with 4 parts, Then i would have 5 total pages in my drawing packet. The first drawing would show an exploded view of all 4 components. My BOM would have each item numbered. Pages 2-5 would be parts 1 thru 4. So on page 2 of my packet I would show part 1. On my BOM, I want to add a column that would automatically populate drawing #2 for my first part and so on and so forth. Does that make any sense to anyone? Please help! Take a look at the attached in hopes that it can shed some light on what I'm trying to accomplish.

Thank you for your time!

Carlos Marquez

Design Engineer

• Re: Link part drawing number to BOM
          Sworks User

Hello Carlos,

If you have a Custom Property {For Example: DrawNum} set for each of the parts contained in your assembly,

1) The you could modify the table to contain a column which refers to Custom Property[DrawNum], This will ensure that the Custom Property that holds the Drawing Number can be populated in the Table.

Double Click on the Column where you want the Drawing Number to be Auto Populated, Like i have done in the below pic, Then select the Custom Property that has the Drawing Number within each SLDPRT file.

2) To get the Drawing Number in the Sheets, Just Edit the Sheet Format to Contain a Note, Type in $PRPSHEET:"DrawNum" into that Annotation Box.

I have attached a sample file and it includes both Drawing and Assembly .

Have a look at it so get a clear picture.

Hope this Helps.

Cheers,