I'm working on a weldment drawing and all the balloons say "1" for the item number and the quantity. This happened to me before but I can't remember what I did to fix it.
Nevermind, I figured out the solution. I deleted the old cut list and generated another one. Balloons automatically fixed themselves. I'm leaving this post up in case anyone else has this problem.
I see this issue frequently, and it always comes down to people not linking the views to the BOM. Right-click, Properties.
I have 10 different views on this drawing currently and when I first started it yesterday the balloons were fine. The problem happened when I re-opened it today. It just happens sometimes. Thanks for the tip though.
Just something to check. I work in an environment where we create multi-body weldments that require separate detail views of each component (i.e. 2 to 3 page documents with 15 to 20 views, all referencing the same BOM). More often than not, the drawings are fine. Until that fateful day where someone revises/copies the drawing and everything blows up (in typical SolidWorks fashion). Such a simple little action can be the cause of such headache.
Retrieving data ...