3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 25, 2016 8:11 AM by Glenn Schroeder

SolidWorks 2015 Student Edition workspace not showing up

Shane Martin

I have Windows 10--latest everything.  Last week my SolidWorks 2015 Student edition was working fine; now all I get is this--no workspace, just the toolbars and surrounding areas.  I reinstalled it and nothing works.  Someone help please!

• Re: SolidWorks 2015 Student Edition workspace not showing up
          Jeff Holliday

Although this will not help, you should consider yourself lucky that it worked last week. The 2015 Student edition is not officially qualified to work on Win 10. That ability is not official until the SW2015 SP5 or SW2016 version although many people appear to have some ways of making it work.

Assuming that all was well last week, I would start with seeing what updates might have been made to your system since then (Microsoft, etc).

Shane Martin

Ya, I mean I installed this in January and it's been working fine ever since, except now.  I was told that this was OK with Windows 10.  My PC is updated as of now, which probably makes things worse for SW...

Are there any add on softwares to make this work again, or am I out of luck?

Glenn Schroeder

Shane Martin wrote:

Ya, I mean I installed this in January and it's been working fine ever since, except now. I was told that this was OK with Windows 10. My PC is updated as of now, which probably makes things worse for SW...

Are there any add on softwares to make this work again, or am I out of luck?

I don't know who told you that, but you were misinformed.  Some people here on the forum have reported some success running their computer in compatibility mode of an earlier OS, but I don't know any of the specifics about how to do that.  It probably wouldn't be too hard to research and find out.