2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 8, 2016 8:10 AM by Dave LeCount

Have multiple checkboxes control one variable

Dave LeCount

On one of my data cards I have several checkboxes that I we use to flag if a file is controlled by a customer.  Each checkbox is tied to a specific customer.  For example, I have these variables tied to checkboxes:

Customer_Controlled-Customer_Name_1

Customer_Controlled-Customer_Name_2

We have it set in our workflow so if someone tries to revise/release a file under control of a customer who is not authorized to make changes to a controlled file, they're prevented because not all the conditions will have been met at the time of release.  To try to help our users out even more with identifying customer controlled files vs. non-customer controlled files, I thought it would be nice to a column to my column set for "Customer Controlled" and have it show "Yes" or "No" if one of the checkboxes above is ticked.

Can I set up a third variable so that if either of the first two (or both) are ticked on the card, the third variable would record as "Yes" so that I can have it appear under my column set?

• Re: Have multiple checkboxes control one variable
          Prasad Bhonsule

Hi Dave, I don't this would be possible unless you had a Set variable action in a workflow transition. That way you could set up your third variable and ask it's value to be set to yes, as well as adding a condition, that your Customer Controlled variables have to have a value of 1 (assuming they are set up as Yes/No) variable types

Kind regards,

Prasad

• Re: Have multiple checkboxes control one variable
              Dave LeCount

Hi Prasad,

Your suggestion makes sense, I hadn't thought of that.  One idea I had was to change from individual checkboxes to a dropdown showing the customer names that could be selected for customer control and adding that variable to my column set, but I'm slightly afraid that my users might get confused that they have to select something from that field.  I think for now I'll leave things alone and revisit this in a few months.

Thanks again,

Dave