AnsweredAssumed Answered

Does a sketch have to be fully defined to be saved as a library part?

Question asked by Amy Kozlow on Apr 7, 2016
Latest reply on Apr 7, 2016 by Amy Kozlow

That's the short question.

This is the explanation.... one of my tasks is to convert drawings from one program (Flexi Design which is kinda like Illustrator) to Solidworks. Most of the objects are all crazy looking..... like this... (and this thing can be any length which is why making it a structural member and have it link to a line that I draw would be nice)

and have a whopping 2 dimensions on them. So redrawing them definitely takes some time. What I can do is export them as a .dxf and insert them as a block.... but blocks can't be saved as Library Feature Parts, can they?

So I'm left to draw over the block and try to get the curves and randomness as close as I can.... so at least I'm left with blue lines and an under defined sketch. And I still get this warning when trying to save it as a Lib Feat Part

So.... is the only way to get this shape into the library is to dimension and create relationships until the whole thing is black? I'm still trying to figure out the best way to create these "library of assets".... and its my 2nd week using solidworks and I cannot wait until I get training.... oi

Outcomes