2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 8, 2016 2:54 AM by Sebastian Popa

Lines do not show in part and drawing - trouble!

Sebastian Popa

Dear all,

I have some trouble with some lines not showing in part and drawing.

As seen in the images, in the first model (short version) some of the lines do not show in both the part and the drawing.

I used the same model for both objects. First I created the first model (short version), then I used the same model with pack and go and I just modified it to get the second object.

In the attachment you can find some illustrations and also the part models.

Thank you!

• Re: Lines do not show in part and drawing - trouble!
          Martin MacDonald

It's to do with the loft features are different between the two. In mattress 2 you had only picked the end profiles to create the loft and in mattress 1 you had picked the end ones and also the intermediate profiles. This means in mattress 1 it will create a smooth line between the profiles as the guide curves have diminished effect on the profiles. However I think for this the best way to do it isn't using a Loft butactually a Boundary where the secondary Guide Curves have equal influence on the final shape and it does in fact give the lines in between.

So there are two options:

1. Still use a Loft in mattress 1 but instead only pick the outside profiles and not the intermediate ones.

2. Create using boundary feature instead.

This was created using boundary feature.

• Re: Lines do not show in part and drawing - trouble!
            Sebastian Popa

Hi!

I just followed the steps you suggested and works perfectly!

Thanks a lot!