7 Replies Latest reply on Apr 6, 2017 2:11 PM by Deepak Gupta

Linking Cut List Properties to Annotations

Andrew Cotterell

Hi,
      I would like to link the cut list Item Number (Balloon Number) in a note.

I can do this for the material and quantity but not the item number. I still have to attach the item number as a balloon.
      Alternatively, is there a way to use a balloon as the item and add material and quantity?

Any ideas, thanks?

• Re: Linking Cut List Properties to Annotations
          Alex Sully

Try this.

while editing the annotation click on the balloon. you will have to add balloons for anything you want to have in the note (which is a pain) but you can delete or hide the balloons after you are done. i suggest hiding them so that they remain parametric. the might be some "$PRP:QTY" type thing  you can type into the note but I am not sure what it would be.

how are you getting the qty to show up? is it a qty for each individual body/cut list item?

Glenn Schroeder

Alex Sully wrote:

Try this.

while editing the annotation click on the balloon. you will have to add balloons for anything you want to have in the note (which is a pain) but you can delete or hide the balloons after you are doneI've tried that in the past, but when I hide or delete the balloon then the balloon in my note is also hidden or deleted. i suggest hiding them so that they remain parametric. the might be some "$PRP:QTY" type thing you can type into the note but I am not sure what it would be.

how are you getting the qty to show up? is it a qty for each individual body/cut list item?

Alex Sully

yes I just noticed that once you rebuild after you hide the balloon the balloon linked in the annotation also becomes hidden.

sigh....

Darren Marchant

The sad thing about this is that you used to be able to do it, in arnd SW2013.

Ive been out for a couple of years and in coming back to SW, I want to use this functionality too.

When inserting text, all you did was select the "link to property" button and from there you could checl the "cutlist property" option and away you went.

Why did SW take this away?