12 Replies Latest reply on Apr 7, 2016 4:00 PM by Scott Baugh

FM selection is slooooooow

Scott Baugh

This does not happen for every assy file I am working with, but it does happen about 95% of the time I am working. I have tried the Certified VC driver and that one made me very unstable, and this problem still occurred. Since then I am always checking Nvidia's site for their latest driver. That was also suggested by my VAR. They have been unable to help with this issue. I am hoping its something that can fixed by a setting or a registry option, etc... As I am in SW 2015 SP5.

• Re: FM selection is slooooooow
          Steve Calvert

I've seen this too and the only thing that I can detect is that my PDM system is slowing me down.  I turned off my add-in and that went away.  Do you have such a PDM system running that you can disable it?

Steve C

Scott Baugh

Unfortunately I do not have any sort of PDM system in place.

We do own it, so I checked my installs and it was in the list as being installed, however the Add-in is off in SW. I just removed it, however still no help yet... might need a reboot... argggh.

Jeff Mirisola

I don't think that's graphics at all. Is it just your box, or do others experience the same thing?

Scott Baugh

Per the VAR its me, they don't have any problems. There is another PC here that I have not tested (hard to move data around, no server), but I will try it. When it was being used the guy said he was not having any of these problems, but he never upgraded from SP2 of SW 2015. So that could mean the problem is in one of the upgrades.

I am using a Dell M6800 with a Quadro 3100M with 16GB of RAM and a SSD. I didn't opt for the High end CPU since that sent the cost higher than the budget I was given in Jan 2015. I have 3 monitiors, PC monitor, then a 23" wide and other is 21.5". I as told its multiple monitors of different sizes, but SW only runs on the 23".

Paul Salvador

hey Scott,.. don't have anything except... did you perhaps increase the "image quality".. extremely high and forget to change it back?

anyhow,..it was something I've experienced.. I had maxed it out and forgot to reduce it... and/also, I had to reduce the asm way low,.. save everything.. and reset it back to the nominal quality.

Scott Baugh

Paul,

I didn't think of that... I checked the assembly image quality and it was about the 3/4 of the way, which I didn't think was so bad. As for the part I didn't check that, but I don't think it would matter would it if the problem is in the selection within a assembly?

I tried Richard's suggestion and merely renamed the registry file and relaunched SW and the problem went away. So it sounds like its either a setting I have turned on, or corrupt registry. I hate having to reset everything. The bad thing is if its a selection I am turning on\off I will never figure out what it is, because I will set it all back up the same way I had it.

Paul Salvador

yes, Richards reg reset (rename).. or, "Rrrr"   suggestion is the best idea as of late.

although I'm also reluctant to reset (rename) my registry as well.. it has been the best option so far..

man, I think I've reset (renamed) my reg's  ~ 2X every month (or ~20X) since installing 2015 last year... and, most the time it has helped!

Scott Baugh

Thanks for everyone's suggestions... even though I don't like doing the reg reset, that seems to have fixed the problem for now.

Kind Regards everyone!