1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 6, 2016 7:37 AM by Mohammed Abdul Latif

Modifying a table driven pattern

Sidath Wijesooriya

Hi everyone (First time here!,)

I have a disc-shaped extrusion, on which I want to do a an extruded cut, at a given set of coordinates. While I want to have control over the locations on which to have the extruded cut repeated, I would also like to have control over the angle of the major axis such that it's always aligned with the center.

Here's what I have so far:

mainPatternToSet.PNG

As you can see, I drive the orientation w.r.t. +x axis as the arctangent of the x, and y coordinates of the center of the rectangular extruded cut.

This works out great when I change either of the x or y coordinates, where the orientation is automatically updated. The problem I have is when I try to set up a pattern. Please see below.

tablePatternProblem_2.PNG

As you can see, when I use the table pattern option, I can't control the orientation such that the new items are still oriented toward the center (i.e. driven by the arctangent of the x,y coordinates.)

Would anyone be able to help me out with a solution on how to orient these new patterns? Apologies in advance if this question has already been addressed. If so, I would welcome any direction towards a posted solution.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Cheers,

-Sid

PS: Attaching the part that I used to generate this question.