2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 31, 2016 10:29 AM by Robert Luck

Keyboard shortcuts in SW2016

Robert Luck

I have just moved over to SW2016 SP2 (clean install) from SW2015 SP4 and I am in the process of setting up SW just the way I want. Previously in versions of SW dating back to 2005 I had  keyboard shortcuts for creating a surface loft, creating a filled surface and un-trimming a surface, things as a CAM programmer I use all the time. But in SW2016 it seems that the ability to shortcut to these features has disappeared. Am I right or have SW just hidden them and they need to be unlocked in someway?

If these shortcuts are no longer available, what are my options in creating a bespoke shortcut?

Many thanks

Bob

• Re: Keyboard shortcuts in SW2016
          Tom Spine

There were no changes regarding keyboard shortcuts in 2016, and all of the commands you mention are available for keyboard shortcut assignments.

The only thing I can think of is to make sure you are in the Part environment, and not Assembly or Drawing.

Hope this helps.

--Tom

• Re: Keyboard shortcuts in SW2016
              Robert Luck

Hi Tom,

Thank you for replying so quickly. I have just closed and re-opened SolidWorks, created a new part and voilà, the shortcuts were available to assign. the only thing I can think of is the part I had open previously had been created in SW2015 and imported into SW2016.

Thanks again

Bob