0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 24, 2016 3:21 PM by Lawrence Kiefer

EPDM: Way to automatically check in files?

Lawrence Kiefer

I know this is a really long stretch, but would it be possible for a dispatch to be written that automatically checkes files in if lets say, they have been checked out for n number of days.

Why? I am in a situation, and have been here before where I need to rename some folders, move other folders etc. As we all know this cannot be done if files are checked out. Now its easy to say just ask the guys and gals to do this, but its not that easy. I am managing 30ish SW / EPDM users across 4 separate departments. Some are out of the office, some are on vacation, some just don't care if we need everything checked in etc...

Right now there are 408 files currently checked out. For the past 2 days I have sent out batch emails asking kindly to check these in...I've went desk to desk etc....Yet here I am, at the end of the day and still cannot do what I need to do.

So I thought if there was a tool that says ohh, this file has been checked out for 5 days, lets check it in automatically....that would greatly reduce the amount of checked out files so I would only have to deal with asking a few people rather than all of them.

How are others handling this??? Can someone wright a dispatch to do this?