AnsweredAssumed Answered

Mutual Trim 2016

Question asked by Mark Biasotti on Mar 23, 2016
Latest reply on Jul 18, 2017 by bill campbell

Did a quick search of the forum for this topic and didn't see anyone mentioning this so here it goes:

Does anyone else notice that the new preview options for the Mutual Trim in SW2016 just seem broken?  Perhaps it's me but it seems that the first option "show included surfaces" just doesn't seem to work correctly. Below you can see that I have a simple example of three planar surfaces.

Screen Shot 2016-03-22 at 9.49.50 PM.png

Now if I initiate insert>surface Trim>mutual, I pick my three surfaces to be trim and then move down to the remaining options. I usually use the "Include surfaces" vs. "Exclude surfaces" so I then pick this radio button. I find that then if I were to play around with the preview options, I eventually get to a point where if I click the preview option  "Show Include surfaces" (was on Show Excluded surfaces) it will get confused and show no surfaces visible even thou I have nothing selected to exclude or include (see below)?

Screen Shot 2016-03-22 at 9.59.30 PM.png

Am I missing something here?  Do others see this happening?  I also wish that the Include or exclude and preview options would stick as last-used system parameters - that way I could bypass the first two preview options and just always use the third option "show both Included and Excluded surfaces" which right now seems to be the most reliable.

Mark

Outcomes