8 Replies Latest reply on Mar 25, 2016 2:32 PM by Shawn Casebolt

flipping section view in model

Shawn Casebolt

When you use the section view tool, and are viewing one half of your model, is  there a keyboard shortcut (or any other shortcut) to "flip" the direction the view is looking?  Without having to go back into the section view command and click the "flip" button?

This would be very handy, and seems like the functionality would exist but I don't know of a way to do it.

• Re: flipping section view in model
          Leszek Paprota

You could save the section View twice (with different orientation)

and use the (space bar) orientation window to switch between the views.

Leszek

Dan Pihlaja

First of all, I must preface this by saying that I am using SW 2015 SP 3, so I can't speak for SW 2016.

And I am assuming that you mean specifically a section view in a drawing, NOT 3D.

I would say no, there is not.  The "Flip" part of a section view is embedded inside the command and properties of the section view.   It is not an actual command that you can create an icon from.  So you can't add it to Gestures, Shortcut keys, or the infamous "S" shortcut toolbars.

However, I bet some enterprising soul could come up with a macro that could do that.  And you CAN add a macro to a command icon, which could then be added to Gestures, Shortcut keys, or the infamous "S" shortcut toolbars.

Shawn Casebolt

I am speaking about in 3d space.  For instance I am working on my model I cut a section, hit the green check.....then do what I need to do (cut, measure, whatever).  Then I want to quickly flip and look the other direction to do more operations.

The only way I know is to exit the section, then go back into it and reset one going the other way.  Or do as Leszek say's but that takes some fore thought and setup.