8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 30, 2008 5:45 PM by Mauro Rodriguez III

Certification test?

Is taking a certification test in SolidWorks/COSMOS something that may be useful? Can a user of the student edition take the test? If so, where to go? How often is the test offered? Has anyone here taken the test? Just curious.

Gabi
        • Certification test?
          Dan Riffell
          There are two certification tests available.  Your studentstatus does not matter.  The tests are available online @:http://solidworks.com/pages/services/Training/CertificationInformation.html

The value is the same as any other certification, including yourdegree.  A piece of paper means nothing if you don't actuallyknow what you're doing.  The tests are pretty simple if youknow the software.  Check out the training files first to seeif you are ready.  Good luck!
            • Certification test?
              Brian Cayer
              Dan,
              I tried to get the "Free" SWCP-CORE exam from this website and when I entered all the required info including the coupon code I got a message that the"coupon usage has been exceeded" and to try another coupon or proceed without one.
              I guess this was a While Supplies Last Promo
                • Certification test?
                  Dan Riffell
                  Yep, it looks like they are all out of generosity, but you canstill purchase the exam from the website.
                  • Certification test?
                    Brad Vukich
                    The coupon code is still active, you may want to try it again. I purchased a CSWP-CORE exam with it only moments ago. I believe you only get one free exam per seat, maybe otherpeople within your company used up all the free exams you get. Good Luck.
                      • Certification test?
                        Brian Cayer
                        Brad, No the deal was that Solidworks did email the voucher when I first applied for it but it got deleted with all the 200 or so spams I have to deal with when I get to work. They did send another after I contacted them however. This was about a month later so now I'm short on time or so I thought. See the ONLINE CSWP TEST GRIPE string. It is still ambiguous as to the cutoff date. I suppose I will have to contact them again to find out the story
                          • Certification test?
                            Terry Frederick
                            What happens when the student version expires? Does it just stop, or does it go into a reduced functionality mode? If I want to keep using Solidworks as an individual do I need to spend $4000 to buy a retail version. Is there a way to get an affordable version maybe by becoming certified?
                              • Certification test?
                                I think when it expires it simply stops working and you can't upgrade to anything from the student version or get a discount, not even by becoming certified. If it's for practice purposes only, perhaps you can buy another 2 years license of the student version again, but you won't be able to use it for work or any other purpose that is not learning and practicing. So, yes, if we want to keep using SolidWorks we have to pay for the full version. I'm saving already. :-)

• Certification test?
                        Mauro Rodriguez III
                        well. i was able to buy and redeem the coupon too. so the offer is good if you have a seat that hasn't been used yet.

just remember to make sure you follow instructions very carfully. the smallest mistake will cost you big time. lol. i should know. >.>

well good luck on your test. ^_^