AnsweredAssumed Answered

Save As vs. Pack and Go. Bug, or as intended?

Question asked by Adam Snow on Mar 15, 2016
Latest reply on Mar 29, 2016 by Adam Snow

I don't want to report it as a bug if it is meant to function this way, so let me know your opinions.

If I use Pack and Go, I can save a copy of all referenced files to a new folder.

If I choose Save As - Include All Referenced Components, I get nothing...

I played with it for ten minutes and finally noticed the Save As option has radio buttons to include a prefix or suffix (one is always on, never both). Pack and Go uses checkboxes, and they can both be off, or on, or one can be on while the other is off.

If I don't enter anything into the prefix or suffix field under Save As, I can press Save and the assembly (in this case) gets saved, but no additional files go along with it. There is also no error to suggest that anything might be wrong.

In my mind both tools should function the same, and the Pack and Go option is the better choice. If Save As must work that way for some reason, the Save button needs to be greyed out until the required input is entered.

And on a related note, why is there still a File - Find References? Does it do anything special? It just seems to launch Pack and Go.

Outcomes