as the topic states, there is 1 license of Sim Pro on the server.
BUT, it doesn't show as an available add in.
thoughts on getting this to add in and run?
I want you to go and check something out for me. Go to your control panel and select view updates under program and features. If you have KB3072630 installed then it could be the reason why you are not seeing your motion study. The problem arose after the update came out in July 2015.
If you have that update installed you need to bypass the update and to do that here is a solution I wrote. It requires you to go to registry and change some keys around while you preform the fix.
1. Click 'Start', click 'Run', type "regedit" in the 'Open' box, and then click 'OK'.
2. Locate and click the following subkey in the registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer
Note: If this subkey does not exist, create it.
3. In the 'Edi't menu, point to 'New', and then click 'DWORD Value'.
4. For the DWORD name, type "RemappedElevatedProxiesPolicy", and then press 'Enter'.
5. Right-click "RemappedElevatedProxiesPolicy", and then click 'Modify'.
6. In the 'Value' data box, type 1, and then click 'OK'.
7. Run a Repair of your SOLIDWORKS Installation (Log into your SW Customer Portal account, then click this: S-050527 for repair instructions)
-Basically go to your control panel, find your version of SOLIDWORKS and then right click and select change. When the installation manager pops up, select repair and go through the process.
8. After the application repairs successfully, reset the 'RemappedElevatedProxiesPolicy' DWORD value to "0" to re-enable the security fix for KB 3072630.
Hope this helps,
This is SolidWorks 2014 SP5.
You have the license available in the SNL, but you still have to install the add-in on your computer.
Control Panel -> Programs and Features-> SOLIDWORKS 2014
select the change button. it will launch the installation manager and I think in step 3 you can change what is installed.
Select Simulation ad-inn. and proceed with the installation.
When you enable the add-in you will have access to the simulation.
Hope this helps.
tried that, this is what i get:
clicking CHANGE, i get:
no option to add simulation add-in.
It was installed from a Administration image.
Ask your administrator for help.
the installation manager does NOT let me repair or change the current 2014 SWX install.
this is also affecting my sldshellutils.dll - can't even perform a Pack 'n' Go.
thanks for the responses so far.
had to download the original setup files from our var in order to REPAIR.
the admin image wouldn't allow me to MODIFY/REPAIR as someone mentioned.
found a couple of REG files (before and after repair) that made the affair much easier.
fully functional now.
Retrieving data ...