1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 14, 2016 6:02 PM by Viktor Bovzdarenko

Macro to export a PDF of drawing and STEP of part/assemblies in a directory with revision appended

Nate Burgess

Hello, I am new to macros and trying to figure out how to create STEP files of all solid models and PDF's of drawing in a specific directory.  I want the file name to have the current revision appended to it.  Has anyone done this?  I have been searching and finding some similar items, I am just not macro savy enough yet to comb through and combine what I need out of different examples.  Thank you for any help you can provide.

• Re: Macro to export a PDF of drawing and STEP of part/assemblies in a directory with revision appended
          Viktor Bovzdarenko

Hi Nate

You can achieve this result with beta version of #TASK

The tool is free and allows you to save as PDF and STEP thousands of files at a time.
          Add Save 3D macro from the library. Add folder with files. Specify the parameters: extension of files to process (sldprt, sldasm), STEP format, destination folder, custom property for revision in this model. The result: ModelName_RevisionName.STEP

The same steps for drawings:  Add Save PDF and  from the library.  Add folder with files. Specify the parameters: extension of files to process (slddrw), destination folder, custom property for revision in this model. The result: DrawingName_RevisionName.PDF

Regards

Viktor

2.PNG