2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 14, 2016 7:01 PM by Robert Conklin

Would like help to have Macro check for existing dwg file when a muiti sheet SW drawing has been exported as separate dwg drawings

Robert Conklin

The attached Macro has the following:

If Dir(AutoCadPath & "\" & filenamedwg) <> "" Then

MsgBox "AutoCad With Model CP Rev Already Exists -Cannot Overwrite File", vbInformation

Else

swModelDocExt.SaveAs AutoCadPath & "\" & filenamedwg,0, 0, swExportData, 0, 0

MsgBox "Saved Drawing as DWG:" & vbCrLf & AutoCadPath & "\" & vbCrLf & filenamedwg

End If

I would like help to have my Macro check for existing dwg file when a muiti sheet SW drawing has been exported as separate dwg drawings I need to inject a line that will ignore the 00_ & 01_
      02_ etc... at the beginning of file name somehow when a muiti sheet SW drawing has been exported as separate dwg drawings.

It, The macro, works OK for single sheet DWG & PDF export. Its the multi sheet that I am having a problem with

SaveAsDWG-PDF(withModelRevision).JPGThanks

• Re: Would like help to have Macro check for existing dwg file when a muiti sheet SW drawing has been exported as separate dwg drawings
          John Alexander

The VBA functions that I would use for string manipulation in this situation are InStr() and Mid().

Dim name As String

Dim name1 As String

Dim name2 As String

name = "NameOfFile"

name1 = "01_NameOfFile"

name2 = "02_NameOfFile"

Debug.Print name        'prints: NameOfFile

Debug.Print name1      'prints: 01_NameOfFile

Debug.Print name2      'prints: 02_NameOfFile

'InStr returns the index of the first substring instance equal to the second argument inside of the first argument

Debug.Print InStr(name, "_")   'prints: 0

Debug.Print InStr(name1, "_") 'prints: 3

Debug.Print InStr(name2, "_") 'prints: 3

'Mid() returns a sub-string of name2 starting at the index specified

Debug.Print Mid(name2, 3) 'prints: _NameOfFile

'Putting them together returns a sub-string of name2 starting at the underscore

Debug.Print Mid(name2, InStr(name2, "_")) 'prints: _NameOfFile

'The starting index needs to be offset by 1 in order to get the correct result.

Debug.Print Mid(name, InStr(name, "_") + 1) 'prints NameOfFile

Debug.Print Mid(name1, InStr(name1, "_") + 1) 'prints NameOfFile

Debug.Print Mid(name2, InStr(name2, "_") + 1) 'prints NameOfFile