4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 16, 2016 8:57 AM by Michael Vick

help with export dwg & iges together

Michael Vick

Good afternoon everyone.

This is my first posting so if I do something taboo please let me know.

I have been looking thru lots of messages and I have found a few macros that are doing sort of what I need. I combined two into one to get the attached macro. The iges out section does exactly what I want. The dwg section is close but I would like to send the files to the same directory as the iges file but with only the front view output. If someone has the ability and time I would like to also have a similar macro that will put the files in a subfolder within the same folder as the part model file. I saw one macro that put all configurations into a subfolder called "toolpath" within the model folder but I only use one configuration for my parts and I couldn't get it to name the files the same as the model file name. I apologize for trying to bum code time from you guys. If anyone can help me out I appreciate it.  Thanks.

• Re: help with export dwg & iges together
          Michael Vick

Also, is it possible use a similar macro to output a file to MasterCam Direct. Thanks

• Re: help with export dwg & iges together
            Sanya Shmidt

Michael,

you need to have a variable for the model path:

ModelPath = Left(swModel.GetPathName, InStrRev(swModel.GetPathName, "\") - 1)

Then you need to make a dir:

On Error Resume Next

MkDir (ModelPath & "\FOLDER123")

On Error GoTo 0

Above is not a perfect example, you can also check if the folder exists before creating and eliminate On error statements.

If DIR(ModelPath & "\FOLDER123", vbDirectory) = "" Then

MkDir (ModelPath & "\FOLDER123")

End If

FileName = swModel.GetTitle & ".dwg"

and finally you change the Export and saveas calls to:

'Export each annotation view to a separate drawing file

swPart.ExportToDWG2 ModelPath & "\FOLDER123\" & FileName, sModelName, swExportToDWG_ExportAnnotationViews, False, varAlignment, False, False, 0, varViews

swModel.SaveAs4 ModelPath & "\FOLDER123\" & fn(0) & ".igs", 0, 0, 0, 0

Where FOLDER123 - can be any appropriate name for the folder.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Alex.