AnsweredAssumed Answered

Change multiple configs simultaneously in sw2008

Question asked by 1-8E6Y4J on Nov 16, 2007
Latest reply on Nov 18, 2007 by 1-8E6Y4J
If anyone else is using 2008 on a constant basis, you know that the configuration manager has changed. You now have to select all the parts you want to configure, then open the config manager and select the configuration you want for each individual part. The problem I have with this is that when I want to change the configuration of 20, 50, or 100 parts at the same time to the same configuration, you now have to do it one at a time. Is there a way to do it like the old configuration manager so that you simply select all the ones you want and change them all at once without having to resort to a design table with 300 columns?

Just so everyone is clear on what I meant, last night I was working on a floor assembly of a house and wanted to change all the joists (35 of them) to a shorter configuration. I could not find a way to do this without doing it individually or adding in a design table. On this particular file I didn't want to add a design table so I had no other option. This is going to be an ongoing problem if I can't find a solution.

Outcomes