3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 12, 2017 7:29 AM by Steve Calvert

Speedpak question

Steve Calvert

Can I edit the Default (current name of the configuration) _speedpak name?  I seem to be able to change almost anything in SW as far as the name goes but I can't seem to do it for an _speedpak

TIA

Steve C

• Re: Speedpak question
          Deepak Gupta

The Speedpak configuration name is being driven from configuration name for which it is created. So if you change the parent config name, it will also change but you can not change it otherwise.

Any specific need you want to change that name?

Steve Calvert

I know it's driven from the parent configuration, I just want to rename the _speedpak portion.  The reason why is because our PDM system has a rule written in so that a Profile Card won't have to be created for an unnecessary configuration, as this will be because I'm using it to speed up opening of its parent much larger assembly.

Steve C

Steve Calvert

I'm wanting to bring this back to the top and see if there's a chance that in SW2017 or SW2018 might have changed the way Speedpaks are named.

To recall, when a speedpak is created, it is a derived configuration and it's name is whatever_speedpak but the _speedpak isn't editable.  I'd lie the ability to change the name.  Can I?

Steve C