5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 10, 2016 11:58 AM by Amit Katz

[Help] Flow Simulation - How to create a inside flow

Andre Goncalves

Hello all,

I'm using SW Flow Simulation for the first time. I want to simulate a flow inside a box, without any enter or exit of the flow, just circulate the inside air.
      For that purpose I have instaled 8 fans spread in the model.

I have done all the steps that I saw on youtube tutorials, the problem here is I dont have a inlet and outlet area. I don't know how to define the boundary conditions and the Start flow conditions.

Ajuda_SW.jpg

The red arrows represents one of the path that I need to do, between the blue faces and the yellow faces. The difference between this to is 40mm.

I have tried to choose the bottom face as the beggining of the flow but it says that starting points were not criated. I have tried to chooese the face if the fans instead, it didint work to.

I have the computational domain in the inside wall blue faces.

Anyone can help me with this?

Thank you.

• Re: [Help] Flow Simulation - How to create a inside flow
          Amit Katz

Are you using internal fans? It looks to me like your fans are mated flush to the box, so there's no way for air to flow into the inlets. Can you upload your model to the forum? It would help.

Also, there is a specific forum for Flow Simulation, you should post your questions there in the future.

Andre Goncalves

Hi Amit,

Thank you so much for your time and help.

Yes the fans are mated to the walls but I dont know if is that the problem.
              I didin´t use the inside fans, I have tried but a message appear saying that the fans is not laying on the boundary between solid and fluid region. I have created a rotary region as I saw on youtube tutorials.

I have attached the assembly and I have moved the topic to a correct area.

Cumps

Amit Katz

Andre,

There are two types of fans you can use in Flow Simulation:

1. External fans. These fans are used for internal flow problems. They are represented by a single face that lies on some solid geometry. They represent outlets and inlets to the universe and will bring fluid mass into/out of your system.

2. Internal fans. These fans are used to move fluid inside the domain of your simulation. They must have two faces, one for the fluid to enter and one for the fluid to leave. These fans will bring energy into the system in the form of additional pressure, but they do not bring any more fluid mass into the calculations.

Both of the "fan" boundary conditions are used to simplify your simulation, they do not involve any of the rotating reference frame features of the software.

Amit Katz

Did you use the "Check Geometry" tool? When I run it and click the "Show Fluid" button, this is what I see:

Capture1.PNG

The software thinks your fluid domain is actually inside the smaller box. This is probably because it's hollow inside, I recommend filling it so it's solid.

Amit Katz

Andre,

I'm going over your model in more detail, I see a lot of first time mistakes here such as not simplifying enough, misuse of rotating reference frames, too many unnecessary small parts such as hardware, etc...

Before you jump into a practical application you need to learn the software. I would recommend checking with your vendor to see if they offer lectures. In the meantime, go to online help and start going through the tutorials. They do a great job of introducing the basics.