2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 8, 2016 3:24 AM by Jack Blake

2016 SP2 Ruled surface issue?

Jack Blake

Hello everyone.

I'm using 2016 SP2.0 and have noticed if i preselect a face of plane my ruled surface command will not work even if i deselect and re-select that plane/face so i have to exit the command, deselect the plane and start the command again to make it work.

I have found in some other surfacing features that preselecting a plane or face will visually put it into the selection box but it won't actually recognise it as being currently selected.

I have never had an issue with this previously has anyone else noticed this?

Just a bit of a pain when you can't preselect a plane and have to scroll through the list to find it again

• Re: 2016 SP2 Ruled surface issue?
          Paul Salvador

hmm,.. ok (sp2),.. on first selection, you're right,  the plane does not show in the box and the preview is not shown... but.. it works?

..and, on second selection.. the plane shows in the box but the preview is not shown?...

geez.... IS IT THE PROGRAMMERS THING TO BREAK STUFF WITH EVERY RELEASE AND SP!??!?!?

IS IT JOB SECURITY OR WHAT!?

• Re: 2016 SP2 Ruled surface issue?
              Jack Blake

I found another issue yesterday when trimming surfaces you get an error pop-up which you can't exit out of and have to kill solidworks from task manager.

Reported to my VAR and it's just been found as a known issue so along with being unable to import certain step files and the obvious well documented user interface 2016 in general has not been great let alone SP2.0!