6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 16, 2007 2:46 PM by John Burrill

Problem with bubbles not attaching SW2006

Joe Dunfee
      I am having a lot of problems getting bubbles to attach to some objects. In a drawing view, with hidden lines not showing, it behaves as though the object were not there, and selects objects underneath. My dealer suggested using "select other", but that is not helping either.

Note that if I do an automatic ballooning, the objects will be bubbled. It certainly makes a mess, but I can delete all the bubbles I don't want, and leave the ones I was having problems with. The problem is that it normally points to a place on the object that is poorly chosen, and if I attempt to move the arrow head, I get the ?.

I am on 2006 v4.0, and have the latest approved driver for my Nvidia card.

Any other suggestions?

Joe Dunfee
        • Problem with bubbles not attaching SW2006
          SolidAir
          Joe,<br /><br />There are several work-arounds that may or may not work.  Are you trying to balloon a part model (weldment) or an assembly drawing?<br /><br />If you are working with an assembly drawing here are a few things to try.<br /><br />1) Open the assembly model and set it to the configuration and state (exploded, etc) that is in the view you are trying to balloon.<br /><br />2) If that does not work then open the model you are trying to balloon and set it to the configuration used in the assembly configuration.<br /><br />If you are working with a weldment.<br /><br />1) Check that you are ballooning the <as welded> configuration.<br /><br />2) Are you trying to balloon a broken view?  I do not have a solution for this.  SW gave me an SPR but it remains open.<br /><br />There are probably other things you can try but those are the things I do when I have this problem.<br /><br />SA
            Shawn Applegate
            Try toggling the check box for "Allow selection in wireframe and HLV modes" and "Allow selection in HLR and shaded modes". They are located under System Options > Display/Selection.

Edit:

Geeze John. You have over 700 posts on this forum in under a year. That's impressive. Lol.
                Joe Dunfee
                Thanks again for the ideas, but they are not working for me. However, the statement that 2006 SP4.0 had problems with ballooning multibody parts may be enough for me to get permission to upgrade to SP5.1.

My current solution is to autoballoon, but the leaders are always useless. So, I edit the balloon's properties and remove the leader. Then I use a multi-jog leader and create my own. This way I still have the balloon linked, and the leader attached.

Unfortunately, in a few cases even autoballoon is failing me. Sometimes calling out an item using a *, when it shouldn't. (I am aware that the * normally means this is a sub-assembly)

Joe Dunfee
                  John Burrill
                  And still only 4 stars in my rating. Weep Weep.