1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 29, 2016 12:54 PM by Scott Ellery

Visualize Professional assembly animation capabilties?

Bill Toft

I have an assembly I want to animate. This assembly is a solar panel support frame and I want to show the individual panels rotate (pivot) east to west as they track the sun each day. Right now I would do a SolidWorks Animation (to vary an angular mate over time), then use PhotoView 360 to do a frame by frame rendering. Finally use QuickTime Pro to make a movie from all those stills.

I actually read the Visual manual and it seems, if I upgraded to Professional, I can move individual parts in an assembly, using key frames. So I think I could show the starting position (facing east) and the ending position (facing west), then Visualize will interpolate everything in between?

It also seems that I can link parts so that I only need to do one panel and the others will follow along?

I hope the answer is yes, because adding the sun's movement (& shadows) will be the finishing touch.

Thanks, Bill

• Re: Visualize Professional assembly animation capabilties?
          Scott Ellery

Hi Bill ,

you are correct , you can indeed move parts of your model using keyframing to animate and visualize will interpolate between the keyframes.

you also will have access to he animation ribbon which is a great graphical representation of your animation for easier tweaks in movement and easing than tradition keyframing.

EDIT : you can also utilize the sun study option as well for animations