Frank Schoenherr wrote:
Windows 10 ....
Did you run the MS KB issue disable registry edit before installing?
Did you temporarily disable antivirus and UAC before install?
Hi mate, thanks for for your quick reply!
I have disabled the antivirus and UAC during installation and also while trying out.
Do you have more details your first suggestion?
Here is a really good blog post by a VAR Javelin Technologies, which shows you how to enable Simulation Xpress add in. Remember, Simulation Xpress can be found under Evaluate tab in the command manager.
If you cannot enable it, or see it I want you to go and check something out for me. Go to your control panel and select view updates under program and features. If you have KB3072630 installed then it could be the reason why you are not seeing your motion study. The problem arose after the update came out in July 2015.
If you have that update installed you need to bypass the update and to do that here is a solution I wrote. It requires you to go to registry and change some keys around while you preform the fix.
1. Click 'Start', click 'Run', type "regedit" in the 'Open' box, and then click 'OK'.
2. Locate and click the following subkey in the registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Installer
Note: If this subkey does not exist, create it.
3. In the 'Edi't menu, point to 'New', and then click 'DWORD Value'.
4. For the DWORD name, type "RemappedElevatedProxiesPolicy", and then press 'Enter'.
5. Right-click "RemappedElevatedProxiesPolicy", and then click 'Modify'.
6. In the 'Value' data box, type 1, and then click 'OK'.
7. Run a Repair of your SOLIDWORKS Installation Log into your SW Customer Portal account, then click this: S-050527 for repair instructions
Basically go to your control panel, find your version of SOLIDWORKS and then right click and select change. When the installation manager pops up, select repair and go through the process.
8. After the application repairs successfully, reset the 'RemappedElevatedProxiesPolicy' DWORD value to "0" to re-enable the security fix for KB 3072630.
Hope this helps,
That helped. Thanks a lot
You are very welcome Frank!