1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 25, 2016 8:15 AM by Glenn Schroeder

Linking annotation to another annotation

Jack Blake

Hey everyone.

I'm just making some changes to my sheet format and i was wondering if it's possible to link annotation boxes to each other.

As in, i want to manually fill out an annotation box in the sheet format and have it automatically update other annotation boxes with the same information.

Is this possible or would i have to do it under a file property and link it that way?

Generally i have one assembly and several drawings from that assembly using different display states and manually fill out the sheet format because A, it's not often i need to do drawings and B, i don't necceserily want the same info on all of the different drawings.

• Re: Linking annotation to another annotation
          Glenn Schroeder

Jack,

I'd recommend creating a custom property in your drawing and linking all the notes to this one property.  Then you only need to enter the information once (at File > Properties...), and won't need to go into "Edit sheet format" mode at all.

After you have this set up be sure to save your sheet format first, then the drawing template.  Then all drawings started with this drawing template will be set up already and you won't need to repeat the process for each new drawing.  There is more information about sheet formats and drawing templates at #2 at Frequently Asked Forum Questions if you have questions about it.

I hope this helps,

Glenn