11 Replies Latest reply on May 9, 2016 5:20 PM by Kirk Meyer

Drawing Scale

Sorin Albu

Hi,

I created a sheet metal model part using ANSI unit measure and I began to work in drawing for details using the same ANSI units

I set up the scale to 1: 2 for all views in drawing and after same time changing between 3D model part and drawing my scale in drawing

for all my drawing views change itself to the scale 1000:1, even I try to identify from where was the problem I couldn't and even I changed

the scale back it was not possible, later I open the model and I sow in feature tree a feature Scale, I tried to delete this Scale feature and to

resolve the scale views in my drawing but was not possible. I never use this type of Scale feature that appear from nowhere in my model part.

on feature tree, so please I will appreciate very much is someone can help me to find a solution regarding this. A video, pdf, ppt, file it can help a lot too.

Thank you so much, I appreciate.

Best,

Sorin,

• Re: Drawing Scale
          Glenn Schroeder

Can you post your Part here?  Click on the black text "Use advanced editor" at top right, then there will be a link to attach files at bottom right.)

Sorin Albu

Hi,

Thank you for your answer, unfortunately I cannot post the part here it was create in SW 2014

and it was a test for a job position to a computer inside of a company...I requested help from the supervisor after I tried myself to check the options but he didn't help me to much  on the contrary he destroyed my drawing and I must recreate and I made an compromise agreement to keep the drawing with that wrong scale, interesting fact in time after one month I receive negative answer regarding my test, my conclusion practically I lose a job probably because they have very bad settings options in SW or  someone did it on purpose...my goal is to find solution to this issue because in future to not happened again.

Thank you so much, I appreciate any help.

Best,

Deepak Gupta

Did you checked the scale for sheet or for each view; could be possible that views scale were set individually and not to use the drawing scale.

Sorin Albu

Thank you, Gupta I appreciate.

Yes I checked all scale for drawing views, and I changed after that

for all individually too, doesn't work nothing what I tried.

Thank you.

Sorin,

Deepak Gupta

Is there any chance if you can replicate similar issue on dummy files?

Sorin Albu

Gupta thanks you are so funny...

open to help all the time I appreciate very much

no it's almost impossible  everything was instantly

and I already set up here al  the details, thank you.

Best,

Sorin,

Seth Brown

Yeah my coworker and I are having the same problem. Drawings scales are changing themselves and I can't get any specific sequence to produce repeatability other than it happens when I go from the drawing in question, Ctrl + Tab to another drawing and Ctrl + Tab back. Sometimes it will happen when I save something and sometimes it'll happen to a read-only file I just opened. The amount of strange errors (like losing part description because Windows 7 updates... why are they even connected?) occurring on SW'16 are getting on my nerves.

Deepak Gupta

I've not experience any similar issues and I've been using several version on same machine.

Might be better to report to your VAR and let them investigate.

Kirk Meyer

I have a user having a very similar issue. He works a lot with 2 windows spanning 2 screens. When he started to switch back and forth between the 2 windows he was getting one drawing changing scale to what the other was set to. 1/2 to 1/5 and vice versa. When he switched windows by LMB it would switch the scale. When he went to a single screen and switched using the Window drop down the scales would switch. When he used CTRL + TAB the scale would not switch.

2016 SP2