3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2007 7:57 PM by James Sidgwick

solid/fluid region

James  Sidgwick

I am attempting to analyse the flow through a body. I have abody, which I have created lids on and set up a flow, which seemsto work perfectly. When, however, I add another component into theinside of the initial body, I have difficulties.

I add this other component and check the geometry and interference,but get no error messages. As soon as I start a floworks analysisand try to set up boundary conditions, I am told that the face isnot on a solid/fluid layer. When I check interference and geometry,error messages now come up. I cannot work out why. Do I need tocreate a single body or something? Any help appreciated,

James

• solid/fluid region
          Eric Ryan
          Hello James,

What does your internal body look like? If it has any cavities internal to it, Floworks may have refit the computational domain. If you have your computational domain hidden, you might show it and see if it is what you expect. I have had this type of problem a few times and recall it was related to the geometry of my model. On one in particular, I did a complete analysis and it worked fine. I came back to it a few days later cloned one of the projects, and then got this type of error.

Maybe you could post a picture of your model. Then we might understand the geometry better.

Cheers,

Eric
            • solid/fluid region
              Chris Michalski
              Are your boundary conditions on the extreme surfaces of the mesh? If adding this part changed the mesh settings it is possible FloWorks no longer sees them because they are between nodes (unresolved boundary conditions). If this is the case try adding a user defined plane where the boundary conditions are.
                • solid/fluid region
                  James  Sidgwick

Thanks for your advice. I have set the model up again formscratch and it seems to be now working. I think it might have beenthat I had added a part after setting up the mesh as you say. Onequestion that I still cannot find the answer to is: is it possibleto have a component inside a model that can move with the flow? Itmight be that the computer I have would not be able to handle it,but it would be nice to know if it is possible,

James