AnsweredAssumed Answered

selecting hidden dimensions

Question asked by Christopher Lewis on Feb 22, 2016
Latest reply on Feb 22, 2016 by Kevin Chandler

First, I have to say I love Solidworks however there are some little things that bother me and I am curious if anyone has addressed these issues or maybe its a checkbox that turns this issue off.

Second, I use mostly routing and this add-on may be causing these issues. I don't know.

Third, I typically search the net for all my issues but if i can't find what the issue is called or can't find anything at all this is a last resort.

Problem: I am editing a 3d sketch in an assembly (edit route) and when I try to add a dimension to a line i keep clicking on all the other dimensions in other parts that I cannot see until i magically click on them.

This is what i start with and i want to add a dim to that phantom line.

As you can see the phantom line is highlighted yet i clicked on some dim on a flange. What I will do is keep rotating the view until I finally click on that line.

It always takes a few tries until I finally get the object I am wanting.

What I am looking for is a way to turn off "selecting hidden items", there are tons of work arounds like I could use if i right click on the line. Funny thing every time I click "select other", the phantom line is the only item to select.

Thank you for your help!

Chris

Outcomes